Thursday, August 2, 2007

Merry Christmas!..... A little early.




August 2, 2007


If you are reading this, then you probably already know this is the Ryan and Heather Family Christmas Book, or at least one of them. Right now, there is just the two of us and our immediate families, but one day we will have our own children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren who will hopefully gain knowledge of Traditions Past and Present, learn for their own future, and add to this special book with their own new traditions and ideas.

I have always loved the Christmas season and what it represented. The birth of Christ, families spending extra time together, seeing friends and loved ones that you don’t always get to see other parts of the year, charity and giving to those less fortunate (which I wish there was more of throughout the year, not just Christmas) and the entire season in itself just seems to bring about a whimsical smile-to-your-face, lets get together with family and friends and just enjoy and appreciate life, attitude. I look throughout the year for different Christmas books or ornaments which might be fun to put up for the following Christmas. Ryan just laughs at me when I open a box in July, and out pops the newest Hallmark Ornament I’ve purchased. What can I say? I love Christmas!

Being an aunt with no children of her own to buy for, I tended to always buy a lot of what I thought was neat stuff for Tiffani and the nieces and nephews for Christmas each year. But last year, along with their “neat” stuff, I purchased each child a Hallmark Keepsake Ornament and a special book to keep in their rooms now and to pass onto their children someday. I was shocked how much they loved them. Just like that, a tradition was started. This year, every member of our family is receiving a special ornament, tailored to their favorite hobby, pastime, or maybe even a replica ornament of a favorite childhood toy. We’re taking great care to make sure we get everyone’s ornament just right. This is the first Ryan and Heather Slaton Christmas Tradition, one of many to come.

From this point, I will let the book speak for itself. And throughout the years I am sure there will be much more added to it. Ideas, games, traditions, letters to Santa and more, but for now, Merry Christmas!





Always,

No comments: