I'll start by telling you now, this post gets long!!! When you have as much fun as we did this past weekend, you have to share lots and lots of pictures. If you know me, you know I take many pictures because I want to be able to always look back at these special moments in our life! :)
Last weekend we celebrated the babies 3rd Birthday Elf Style! The elves arrived early this year at Santa's Workshop in the South, AKA Nana and Pop's house, and we had more fun than you can imagine!
When sharing the pictures and ideas I will try to share where we found certain things because that helped me so much when we were planning the party. I scoured Pinterest for months planning and because of detailed people, I knew better where to find what I was looking for. If you see anything you want to know about or see better pics of please let me know, I'd be happy to help. Christmas decorating and elves are one of my favorite hobbies and collections!
Too, you will see many kinds of elves in our decorating. My mom and I both shre a love for elves. My mom got one when she was just a girl, and in re-telling a story of how she loved it several years ago, I found her some vintage ones online for a Christmas present. She, myself, and my sister have collected elves since then. We have a sprawling collection of Annalee Elves, Elf on the Shelf, Elf Magic, and more. I like to think of them like you would different departments... Each elf brings their own special flare from the North Pole, and brings joy and magic in their own way. :)
I'll start off by sharing one of the invitations. I found the designer on etsy and she did a great job making the wording we chose fit with triplets and an elf theme.
The girls giving their "bubbie" a kiss on the cheek.
We set the table with felt snowflake placemats from Dollar Tree, and found the adorable elf plates, napkins and cups from Oriental Trading.
Because the cake was so big to move, the kids blew out candles on cupcakes! They thought it was the greatest.
Speaking of the cake..... WOW! Becky @ Cakes For Fun out of Hawkins, Tx did the cake and man is she talented! We got rave reviews over the cake, and I am still impressed with it. If your local, I would highly recommend her!
And of course it wouldn't be an elf party cake without elves! One for each child.
For the Birthday babies, they also got a special treat of Elf Magic elves. These little elves are so cute and cuddly and have a closet full of clothes they can wear and change into!

If you have read the Elf Magic book you know that the elves eat crackers every night to stay strong for another day of fun and mischief, so we took jars of mini saltines from Dollar Tree and used the stickers compliments of Elf Magic to decorate them as party favors for each kid to carry home to feed their elf!
The stockings worked perfect as chair decorations and to hold favors too. Most of the favors I found on Oriental Trading at at Michael's. So many elf themed items they had!
The party would not have been near what it was without moms fantastic decorating. I would love to take you on a virtual Christmas tour and share part of her trees and decorations with you.
Below are pictures of some of her trees this year. The photos do not do them justice!
Mom has a great set of cabinets in her kitchen perfect for decorating and we went all out with them this year. Each set of cabinets we tried to do a theme or vignette with.
The Farm tree in the hall. I bought a champagne colored tree a few year ago after Christmas and never could figure out where to use it, then mom saw a farm theme tree at The Incredible Christmas Place and we decided the champagne tree would be perfect for it. Mom always does a great job on this tree.
In Mom's formal dining room she always does a red or sunflower theme tree. This year she used her Redbirds on it with red sunflowers. As always, beautiful!
Last but not least, mom and dads bedroom and the animal print tree in there. I always have the hardest time taking good pictures of this tree yet it's one of the prettiest.
If you have read all the way to the bottom of this huge post, thank you! I hope you have enjoyed the pictures as much as we enjoyed the party and decorating for it.
Keeping Christmas In My Heart,
Heth












































































No comments:
Post a Comment