
April 21, 2008
Silly me, I looked in my Christmas book tonight and realized the last letter I wrote wasn’t in there, and I’m not sure where it was! How silly of me to let the Christmas season pass without putting in an entry about this year. I had an idea when we went to Fort Worth for Thanksgiving to carry each of the kids a “Christmas in a box”. I got them each a miniature tree and ornaments, each child receiving their own theme, and am going to give them something to add to it every year.
I swear, sometimes I wish I could open a Christmas store or something to have Christmas year-round.. I just enjoy it so much and wish I could get everyone I know on-board. J Sure, you can’t have fun-whimsical times 24/7, but it’s a fun hobby if you ask me, collecting Christmas stuff and preparing for it.
Ryan and I are in the process of planning a Christmas Festival with the Palestine Rangers. I am having such a fun time making lists of things we would need and ideas for it. It’s so far ahead right now, but that’s what makes it so great. We’re planning it in the off-season so we might have better luck with it as far as getting everything we need.
I don’t think I’ve put it in one of the letters in here, but we’re collecting an ornament for everywhere we go on a trip or a weekend outing. We’ve got quite a collection so far. We did a small tree with them this year and called it our “Travel Tree”. We went to Arkansas this weekend and ended up finding two really cool ones for places we toured..
I’ll leave it at that for now. More ideas to come I’m sure, which means more letters. These silly ramblings to myself I’m sure will make my children roll their eyes someday. But that’s okay, I’m enjoying having that kid in me still. I don’t want to know what its like not to have that.
Always,










No comments:
Post a Comment