
August 13, 2008
Here I am again working on Christmas ideas, months before Christmas. But you know what? I absolutely love it!
With our journey trying to get pregnant, Ryan’s been encouraging me to write about it. And I have, some. I’ve got a blog I’ve kept on our baby journey, but its been a while since I updated it. I think I would like to convert my Christmas Book letters to a blog too. *Self Note to Work on that this weekend* I can add ideas and pictures and family and friends could view them too. It would be a lot of fun, and share our ideas and traditions with others. There should be a ton of pictures with the Christmas Festival we’re doing. I am so excited about it. I want to help people so much, and by doing a toy drive along with giving away gingerbread cookies, hot chocolate, and crafts for kids, what could be better? Makes me feel like my own little Mrs. Claus. Lol J
I have joined this awesome Yahoo Groups list called Christmas To The Max. Goodness there are a ton of women on there! It’s great though. They have a ton of ideas and are such a nice group of people. It’s funny how cliques form even online in forums and newsgroups, but this group is so accepting of everyone, and is so nice! It’s great to see that they try to include everyone.
We are going to Austin this weekend to visit Ryan’s parents. I can’t wait! I am going to the Christmas Outlet there and we’re picking up some Christmas décor that a lady is donating for the festival as well. I always enjoy hearing Ryan’s mom’s stories about their Christmas’ thru the years. She loves Christmas and decorating like my mom and I always have, so she and I can always get into a conversation about that stuff. How can someone not love Christmas’? True, some don’t have the desire to work year-round on their ideas, but I do. :) And I’m blessed with a family who loves it like I do, and supports my year-round love for it.
One of my dreams has always been to have my own Christmas store. Ryan promised me it would happen one day- And guess what? It has! It’s not big yet, just a booth in a local Craft Mall/Antique store, but it is mine and it is a Christmas booth- so I have my store! I had a lot of ornaments I had bought out from a Christmas store inventory, and I didn’t need all of them, as well as some extras I bought at an outlet recently, and here I am! It makes me so happy to walk in and see MY inventory and MY ideas hanging on those trees and in the curio cabinet. I hope it does well, it’s something I would love to do year-round, and maybe even one day, grow into my own full storefront somewhere!
So there it is- I’ve talked myself into it… A store, and now a blog. Look for lots of posts and ideas to come! :)










No comments:
Post a Comment