My 2007 Main Christmas Tree
August 14, 2008
I did it! I put my letters (Not a ton of them yet, but there will be!) into a blog. Woohoo. I can’t wait to start adding ideas and more into it. I think I am gonna print my idea posts as well for my book. That way it can always be passed down to younger generations in our family as well years from now.
I found out yesterday that the “Famous Christmas Store” in Austin is open this weekend as well. Ryan took me there last year when we were in Austin in December, and WOW does that place have some amazing trees!
Speaking of trees, I’ve decided to post several tree pictures in this post, of my tree from last year as well as mom’s, and some I took at Jordan’s Plant Farm in Henderson, Texas. If you’ve never been to Jordan’s, its worth the visit, even if it means a long drive over there. They are in the middle of nowhere, but have one of the most beautiful Christmas tree displays I have ever seen. AND- Everything is for sale! It’s great to see the trees decorated, and then look at what they’ve done so you can see how you’d like to reproduce it yourself. It takes a lot of time, and can be costly, but if you know where to look for good deals, you can do the same thing, for a lot less money! Also, patience pays off. If you know you want to do a certain theme but can’t afford it this year, save up and shop those after-Christmas sales. They are wonderful! Depending on where and when you shop, you can get deals anywhere from 75%-90% off regular prices on all things Christmas. It’s so much fun to see what you can find on those days.
Onto the pictures!
Always,
August 14, 2008
I did it! I put my letters (Not a ton of them yet, but there will be!) into a blog. Woohoo. I can’t wait to start adding ideas and more into it. I think I am gonna print my idea posts as well for my book. That way it can always be passed down to younger generations in our family as well years from now.
I found out yesterday that the “Famous Christmas Store” in Austin is open this weekend as well. Ryan took me there last year when we were in Austin in December, and WOW does that place have some amazing trees!
Speaking of trees, I’ve decided to post several tree pictures in this post, of my tree from last year as well as mom’s, and some I took at Jordan’s Plant Farm in Henderson, Texas. If you’ve never been to Jordan’s, its worth the visit, even if it means a long drive over there. They are in the middle of nowhere, but have one of the most beautiful Christmas tree displays I have ever seen. AND- Everything is for sale! It’s great to see the trees decorated, and then look at what they’ve done so you can see how you’d like to reproduce it yourself. It takes a lot of time, and can be costly, but if you know where to look for good deals, you can do the same thing, for a lot less money! Also, patience pays off. If you know you want to do a certain theme but can’t afford it this year, save up and shop those after-Christmas sales. They are wonderful! Depending on where and when you shop, you can get deals anywhere from 75%-90% off regular prices on all things Christmas. It’s so much fun to see what you can find on those days.
Onto the pictures!
Always,


Jordan's Blue Tree 2007

Jordan's Chocolate and Teal Tree 2007
Jordan's Animal Print Tree 2007

Jordan's Snowman Tree 2007

Jordan's Western Tree 2007

Jordan's Red Tree 2007

Jordan's Music Note Tree 2007

Jordan's Burgundy Tree 2007










No comments:
Post a Comment