Friday, August 15, 2008

On The Road Again







We are on our way to Austin for the weekend. I am really looking forward to it. I made some Butter Square Cookies from yesterday’s recipe to take for Ryan’s family to eat. : ) Hopefully they turned out good. I haven’t tested any yet.

I am so thoroughly enjoying being a member of Christmas To The Max. It generates a ton of emails, but I’m perfectly okay with that, because everyone shares such great ideas. I’ve gotten so many new ideas over the last few days I wish I could start decorating tonight! :)

I do think I am going to buy several small trees and do across the tops of the kitchen cabinets in our house, each with their own theme. I’ve got a set of ornaments that Ryan’s mom gave us last year that she made when he was a little boy. She made a set for Ryan as well as his brother Scott. We didn’t use them on the tree last year, but I think it would be really neat to use them on their very own little tree. I would love to do a “Childhood Favorites” tree too. My mom recently bought me some “My Little Pony” and “Barbie” ornaments, which were two of my favorite things when I was little. I think a mini tree with those on it would be so cute, and as mom pointed out, if we have a little girl one day, she would love those in her room on her own tree too.

Another plan I am working on is this- I want to do stockings for each of my nieces and nephews, and my little sister, Tiffani. This isn’t anything new, I did it last year. But, I also want to rent a Limo one night and either in East Texas or possibly Dallas, where they all live, take them in a big limo to look at the big light shows/displays around there. I found some limo services that offer cocoa and cookies and have special “Light Tour” packages with their Limo’s. I think it would be so fun and memorable for everyone!

I’ll leave this post with that for now—I’m sure I’ll have more stories and pictures of my finds from this weekend soon!


Always,

No comments: