
August 23, 2008
What a relaxing day it has been. I think today was the first day we’ve spent at home on a Saturday in probably 3 months. True, that’s partially our own fault, but still it was wonderful. I was really sick feeling half the day and took a nap and got to feeling much better.
Above I put as my main picture for today, one of my scanned pictures I was scanning last night. This was one of our Christmas trees when I was little. I’ll have to ask mom but it was probably 1988 or 1989. Such a pretty tree wasn’t it? As long as I can remember we’ve decorated as much as possible for Christmas.
I just can’t say enough how much I love the raising I had with those traditions. It really helps me as a person bring into perspective all year that people need to find joy in their lives and if they just can’t find it for themselves, why not help them? Everyone goes thru tough times and needs someone to encourage them and share a little Christmas Spirit with them, no matter what time of year it is. After all, that is what it’s all about, isn’t it? The birth of Christ, giving rather than receiving, and helping someone out who’s in need.
I was looking online earlier and found the cutest patterns and designs to make Christmas puppets. I also found a design for a puppet stage that Ryan is going to build. We’re going to paint it and make little backdrops for the kids to play with. I can just see them now. :) It would be adorable. It’s small enough to that it could be moved around or put in a closet when they weren’t using it. Then one day our kids can play with it too when we have them.
A picture of the puppet stage Ryan is going to build:

Puppets I found for the Stage:

It’s getting past my bedtime. I’ll close with the puppet pictures for tonight. More later :)
Always,
What a relaxing day it has been. I think today was the first day we’ve spent at home on a Saturday in probably 3 months. True, that’s partially our own fault, but still it was wonderful. I was really sick feeling half the day and took a nap and got to feeling much better.
Above I put as my main picture for today, one of my scanned pictures I was scanning last night. This was one of our Christmas trees when I was little. I’ll have to ask mom but it was probably 1988 or 1989. Such a pretty tree wasn’t it? As long as I can remember we’ve decorated as much as possible for Christmas.
I just can’t say enough how much I love the raising I had with those traditions. It really helps me as a person bring into perspective all year that people need to find joy in their lives and if they just can’t find it for themselves, why not help them? Everyone goes thru tough times and needs someone to encourage them and share a little Christmas Spirit with them, no matter what time of year it is. After all, that is what it’s all about, isn’t it? The birth of Christ, giving rather than receiving, and helping someone out who’s in need.
I was looking online earlier and found the cutest patterns and designs to make Christmas puppets. I also found a design for a puppet stage that Ryan is going to build. We’re going to paint it and make little backdrops for the kids to play with. I can just see them now. :) It would be adorable. It’s small enough to that it could be moved around or put in a closet when they weren’t using it. Then one day our kids can play with it too when we have them.
A picture of the puppet stage Ryan is going to build:

Puppets I found for the Stage:

It’s getting past my bedtime. I’ll close with the puppet pictures for tonight. More later :)
Always,











No comments:
Post a Comment