This weekend Ryan and I went with his parents to Canton to shop. If you haven't been there, its one of the best places to shop in Texas, in my opinion. It's a great Flea Market full of neat finds! I always like to find Christmas ornaments there.
We were in a really neat Christmas booth, that always carries really unique pieces and I saw this adorable mailbox, as shown in the picture above. It was adorable!! It had a functioning door, and a door at the bottom so that letters can be removed from it. I saw it and instantly knew it would make a great family tradition piece. Ryan's mom thought so too. lol She bought it and said she couldn't wait to see her future grandkids put their letters to Santa in it, and probably end up with everything they asked for in triplicate from Us, My Parents, and Ryan's parents. lol :) It was adorable! It even came with the old fashioned paper to write letters to Santa. Peggy suggested having the kids put a Christmas stamp on each letter, every year, and then the letters will also have the Christmas edition stamp for that year on them. Ryan loved it too. He wants to take our Elf On The Shelf (See the Elf On The Shelf post) and put him beside the mailbox so that Santa will know when he has a new letter. (I think our Elf has a pretty big mouth! lol)
Speaking of elves, I didn't say anything about it in my Elf On The Shelf post, because I didn't want mom to read and find out--- But I'll let the cat out of the bag since she knows now. I was able to find her the Green-Striped Elf like she had as a kid! I was even able to find an original! I was so happy when I found it. I bought it, and just couldn't wait to give it to her. So, I showed her the picture again, and asked her if thats what it looked like and she said yes. So, I told her "Well maybe you can put him on your mantle at Christmas." and she goes "AWW!" :) I was so happy she liked him!
Till Next Time,












No comments:
Post a Comment