
September 6, 2008
I have had an absolutely wonderful day today. We are always so busy on the weekends, but today, we didn’t have any obligations, other than just being at home enjoying our Saturday. I took the opportunity to work on my Dollhouse and got quite a bit of work done on it! It is still nowhere near finished, but I am happy with the progress I made today.
I ordered a LOT of furniture and decorations for the inside, but they aren’t here yet, so I worked on the outside a lot. I got garlands put on the windows, lights on the edges of the roof, and the door decorated. I’m going to do more around the windows, but I need to go to Hobby Lobby and get more supplies. My favorite touch was the miniature trees in the windows. Because it wasn’t good lighting, you can’t exactly tell it in the photos, but it really gives that little tree in the window look. It’s been so fun working on it today! I can’t wait to get everything else in, and decorate the inside. Tiffani came up earlier and helped me hold lights while I attached them. I had a theory that I could attach the strands on each end, and then in the middle but that theory didn’t work, so I ended up attaching every light to the house, each bulb individually. Thank God for hot glue! Lol It works wonders. Once I got the “webs” from the glue cleaned off, I was extremely happy with how it turned out.
Now for the pictures!
I have had an absolutely wonderful day today. We are always so busy on the weekends, but today, we didn’t have any obligations, other than just being at home enjoying our Saturday. I took the opportunity to work on my Dollhouse and got quite a bit of work done on it! It is still nowhere near finished, but I am happy with the progress I made today.
I ordered a LOT of furniture and decorations for the inside, but they aren’t here yet, so I worked on the outside a lot. I got garlands put on the windows, lights on the edges of the roof, and the door decorated. I’m going to do more around the windows, but I need to go to Hobby Lobby and get more supplies. My favorite touch was the miniature trees in the windows. Because it wasn’t good lighting, you can’t exactly tell it in the photos, but it really gives that little tree in the window look. It’s been so fun working on it today! I can’t wait to get everything else in, and decorate the inside. Tiffani came up earlier and helped me hold lights while I attached them. I had a theory that I could attach the strands on each end, and then in the middle but that theory didn’t work, so I ended up attaching every light to the house, each bulb individually. Thank God for hot glue! Lol It works wonders. Once I got the “webs” from the glue cleaned off, I was extremely happy with how it turned out.
Now for the pictures!
If you would like to reproduce the look I did, let me share with you what I used, in case it’s something you’d like to try. I got everything I used, at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas Craft Dept.:
Around the Windows:
- Miniature Garland by “A Tree For Me” ($1.50 for a package, each window took 2 strands, and there are about 10 strands in a package)
- Miniature red Jingle Bells ($1.50 for the pack, and each pack has around 50 bells in it)
- Miniature Wreaths with sleigh buttons glued on ($1.99 for wreaths, 6 to a pack, $1.99 for package of buttons, and it came with other buttons as well)
- Snowflake button ($1.99 for package of buttons, and it came with other buttons as well)
- Miniature Candy Cane Ornaments by “A Tree For Me”, just snapped off the ornament loop. ($1.99 for package)
At the door:
- Miniature Garland by “A Tree For Me” ($1.50 for a package, each window took 2 strands, and there are about 10 strands in a package)
- Miniature red Jingle Bells ($1.50 for the pack, and each pack has around 50 bells in it)
- Miniature Wreaths with sleigh and Gingerbread buttons glued on ($1.99 for wreaths, 4 to a pack, $1.99 for package of buttons, and it came with other buttons as well)
- Miniature Trees ($1.47 a pack, 4 in each pack, I used 2)
- Miniature Reindeer buttons glued on tree ($1.99 for package of buttons, and it came with other buttons as well)
- Miniature Gingerbread, Elf and North Pole Buttons ($1.99 for package of buttons, and it came with other buttons as well)
Keeping Christmas Near,















No comments:
Post a Comment