Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rubbermaid tubs are a lifesaver!


August 19, 2008


I had two disappointments this weekend, both Christmas stores we were going to go to, were closed! One is closed until the beginning of Sept. and the outlet is closed for remodeling.

But, I still found some great stuff. We went to the City-Wide garage sale, and I got some beautiful vintage Christmas tablecloths in great shape. They’re embroidered and so pretty! I was going to make them into tree skirts at first, but I hate to cut them since they’re in such great shape. I made several stops at Goodwill’s in Austin too and found a lot of Santa’s and ornaments. I also found villages. Villages are my absolutely favorite. J

We also picked up the decorations the lady was giving us for the festival. There is some great stuff in there. It is so cute!

Ryan and I spent tonight working in our barn getting Rubbermaid tubs organized and filled and organizing all our Christmas decorations. We didn’t get finished but we did make a ton of progress. Not counting Trees or Light Containers, we have over 50 Large-Size Rubbermaid tubs in the barn full of Christmas décor. I was in shock. I think I’ll hold off on buying anymore décor for a while and see what else we need. Lol Did I just say need? We don’t NEED any thing else, but, you know what I mean!

We got several boxes of Nascar ornaments and tree décor from Ryan’s mom several months ago, and I got to see pictures of it from when his family displayed the tree, this weekend. It was gorgeous! We’ve decided to put it up this year too!

I did finally come up with my indoor tree themes and I need help on some Theme Name ideas! I sent this to the Christmas To The Max list too, there are some great ideas on there always so I bet someone can help me come up with some theme names!

Christmas Tree Themes:

“Traditions” Hallmark/Family Tree (7 ½ Footer)
Kitchen Tree (No name.. Any ideas?) (4 Footer)
“And They’re Off!” Nascar Tree (6 ½ or 7 Footer)
“Mickey’s Magic” Tree Disney Tree ( 6 ½ Footer)
“Candy Cane Lane” Tree (4 or 6 ½ Footer- not sure yet)
“Travels” (Can you think of a better name? We put all of our ornaments from traveling/destinations we’ve been to on this tree) Tree (4 footer)
“Heth’s Angels” Tree (This is a craft tree I am going to do for my nieces and nephews, with their own special/crafty ornaments. I am probably going to do two 2-3 Foot Trees for this)
“Childhood Memories” Tree (Themed ornaments from mine and Ryan’s childhood)




Trees I have themes and ornaments for but don’t know what size or where to put them:

“Red” Tree (No real name yet… But I have LOADS of unique and awesome red theme ornaments, garland, topper, etc.)
“Teal” Tree. Same as above. No good name, but unique ornaments that need a theme and tree to go on!
“Gone West” Tree- Have put this one up before, got everything I need for it, just don’t know where I would have room.

Always in the Christmas Spirit,


No comments: