Lots of things are happening here at Slaton Christmas! We have a brand new look, Chrismtas tree themes are being thought up and prepared for and I and will be decorating with them soon, and I recently got back from one of the best times I've had in a long time! Ryan being the ever wonderful husband that he is encouraged me to go to an event I've wanted to go to for a long time, a Christmas To The Max convention (CTTM) with a group that I've chatted with for several years online. It was so much fun and I loved getting to meet old friends and new! I met part of them once, when they came to visit me during a Texas convention in 2011 when I was pregnant and in the hospital. It was great to bring the babies and let everyone meet them!
We only stayed a couple of days of convention due to needing to come back for work, but I loved every second of it. We got lots of Christmas shopping done, ate some great food, and had so much fun chatting with our friends. We had a gift exchange the first night and it was so neat to see everyone's ideas and how creative they were. I got lots of handmade ornaments and we did a CTTM ornament exchange a few years ago, I may just have to do a small CTTM tree with all my goodies! :)
We stayed one night at the Inn at the Christmas Place in Pigeon Forge, and if I can suggest anything to you- it's stay there one time! Santa sings at night, the rooms are decorated, and if you book early enough you can even book a presidential suite. We stayed in the presidential suite, and for a suite of its size, the price really wasn't too bad, especially if you love staying somewhere Christmas themed. We walked into the room and Sarah asked, "Is this all for us?" That made it worth every penny to us right there!
Before we met up with the CTTM group I had the privilege of meeting a great man who loves Christmas and people. There was an ad on craigslist for a sleigh that we went to look at. It turned out to be bigger than we needed, but the man turned out to be Santa himself, running along with his now deceased wife, the organization, Year 'Round Santa. He had a lot of neat stories and collectibles we enjoyed looking at and buying a few of (see the car at the bottom of this post!) but most of all he had a wonderful heart to help people. It was a privilege getting to meet him and hear a few of his stories and see his workshop.
He was showing us some things he had for sale in his house, and I saw a Mrs. Claus dress hanging up on a shelf and asked if that was his wife's dress. He told me it in fact was, and that she had been about my size, and he would be honored if I would take it and put it to good use. I was so surprised, and thrilled. It turned out to be a perfect fit too! I don't have any pictures in it yet, but I'll make sure I share some.
We are going to decorate early this year, and I heard a rumor that Santa's elves are arriving early for the kids Birthday, I can't wait to see their reactions and how much they will love it! I got lots of shopping done for that too, and will have to take pictures of it once it is all done to share.
This is getting into what is truly the most wonderful time of year to me. Christ's birth, family, love, and beautiful decorations. Some people complain over it becoming a season rather than just a day, but I wouldn't change it for anything.
The babies meeting Mrs. Claus at the Inn at Christmas Place
An elf theme tree at the Incredible Christmas Place
I want to make one of these vintage tv displays and put it somewhere!
This tree was so whimsical, i loved the blue lights.
Sarah on a spinning ride.
Nicholas not sure yet if he was going to be sick.
Emily loved every second of her ride.
Some of my CTTM friends even brought gifts for the kids, that they just loved.
Sarah peeking at her gift
This was such a cute gift idea-- "emergency decorators kit"- chocolates!
Me with one of my ornaments from a member of CTTM.
My sweet babies at the Incredible ChristmasPlace
The tree in our room, the photo does not do it justice!
I SO wanted this wreath above our bed in our room.
The kids watching Santa sing downstairs at our hotel.
Cuddling up in mom and dads bed!
Logo from the bags I did for convention gifts.
Convention gifts done after a long night of filling bags!
I couldn't leave he babies out, I made them convention bags too!
Part of the Christmas florals I bought for decorating trees.
The kids riding around in style in the new van my parents bought.
A village display that made me want to re-do my entire display. I LOVED it!
My favorite find of the whole trip, a reproduction pedal car that was made to look like a Christmas Tree Farm truck! We are going to take the kids pictures in it and I can't wait to try and put together a shoot!










No comments:
Post a Comment