Thursday, October 9, 2008

Book Cover

October 9, 2008

Still not being able to do much on the house (one more week and I should get my doctors release, yay!) I played around and made a new cover for my Christmas ideas book tonight. I have a notebook that I keep my blog posts, new ideas, themes, etc. in and I decided to use the picture above as my new cover for it. I thought the picture of Tiffani in her reindeer antlers from last year was really cute.

It was so fun looking thru the pictures to put on there, even though I've seen them before. I am a picture nut anyways, but Christmas pictures always make me smile. They make me realize just how much I love my family and how much they mean to me. It always seems like there aren't enough ways to show them all how much I love them. Thats a good thing though. I think maybe that in its own way shows just how much I do love them- That I feel like I can't do enough to show them, because its so much! :)

I've been trying to find really unique ideas for Christmas this year too. I'm having a bit of a tough time. Everyone's got everything they want. Which is a blessing. But, finding something unique and that is a really "special" gift is a tough task.

My dad always gets my sister and I special gifts each year. It's always so neat. :) He gets us something really special. One year, he got us each our own star from the International Star Registry. My certificate is framed in my office. It was one of the coolest gifts I've ever gotten. Last year, he got us Journey necklaces.

Why is it men, who women think are generally terrible at shopping for women, most times get the most heartfelt gifts on those kinds of occassions?

Our first Christmas together, Ryan got me a Vermont Teddy Bear. He told me when he gave it to me, he had always heard of them and wanted so badly to have someone to give one to. So, our first Christmas dating, he got me a Christmas Caroling Vermont Teddy Bear! She is so adorable! I display her ALL year long, on our dresser in the bedroom. She's adorable.

Just writing this post has made me smile yet again. And too, almost emotional thinking about the wonderful family I have and how blessed I am. I'm close to all of my family, but Ryan, My Parents, and Tiffani hold such a special place in my heart. It's one of the best feelings, to think about how much they mean to me and how much I know they love and care about me too.

I think I'm done for tonight. I think we're about to head to bed soon. Good night!!!



Keeping Christmas In My Heart,


No comments: