Friday, October 24, 2008

Cooking Up Christmas!

October 24, 2008

Well, my Christmas decorating for 2008 has officially begun. I am so excited! I've been working all evening getting things ready to decorate. I started in the den and cleaned it (including the carpet- Woohoo! Go me! lol) and got the mantle started on. Our elf, "Bob", brought a load of elf friends and they took over our mantle in the den and started a snowball fight. I've attached a couple of pictures below. The mantle isn't done yet, but I liked it. It makes me smile when I go in the den and see the elves being mischievous.

I also got a chance to work on my "Cooking Up Christmas" tree in the kitchen. It is a 3 foot cooking and kitchen theme tree. I have been so pleased with the little graters and miniature cookbook ornaments I have found. I am going to put some more filler in it, but other than that, I'm mostly done with it. I've got to decide what to do about a tree-skirt as well. I used my Annalee Santa and Mrs. Claus who looked to me like they had been in the kitchen, to accent. If you can't tell in the picture, Santa is holding hot chocolate and Mrs. Claus is in her Apron.

I didn't get any pictures yet, but I also worked on putting a lot of my Annalee snowmen and mice in the hutch where I usually keep my teapots. It's not finished yet, but I'm liking how its looking as well.

I'm sure I won't be finished for several days or weeks still with all my decorating, but I just had to get started on it. It was driving me crazy to have so much to do and none of it being done yet. We've still got some sheetrock to be fixed from the hurricane causing it to leak, so I'm sure after that I'll have some clean-up I'll have to do, but I'm okay with that. For now, I'm resting and enjoying progress for tonight.


Keeping The Christmas Spirit Alive,





















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather. I had never heard of Annalee dolls until a month or so ago. I didn't know what they looked like, so thank you for showing me. :) Bob and I are combining our interests. Bob likes trains and I've always wanted a village. So we've decided on Department 56's New England Village. It suited both of us very well. Now that I've seen yours, I can't wait to get started. We're starting out with a church and the train for this year, as money is tight, as I'm sure it is for everyone. We recently got a train table for an HO sized train, which we will start our village on, and build from there, and the HO sized train fits the scale of the New England Village. We saw the church we want today. QVC's Valerie Parr Hill has collaborated with Dept 56, and has come out with two buildings, at a rather reasonable price for each. The church, which was designed in size to go with either Christmas in the City or the New England, comes with an accessory, which I had specifically asked our nearby shop that carries Dept 56 villages, if they had a church that had a nativity that went with it. Well, Valerie's does have that accessory. :) I was thrilled and can't wait to order it. The other building is a garden center, which we both would also like to get. Anyway, I like where you put your villages. :) They look really nice. Keep us posted with the rest of your decorating. :) I'm enjoying it. :)